Since I have a really quick recipe for you, I thought I’d also include my answers to the latest survey going around the blogging world. Here are my ABCs:
A – Age: 27
B – Bed Size: Double bed, for now. Someday I’ll allow myself the luxury of a king 🙂
C – Chore You Hate: vacuuming. I hate how loud it is! And I have the worst vacuum cleaner known to man.
D – Dogs? Eh. In all honesty, I have nothing against them I just don’t want to live with one. Or clean up after one.
E – Essential Start Your Day Item: Breakfast! I usually go for something involving peanut butter. Yum!
F – Favorite Color: Purple
G – Gold or Silver? Silver
H – Height: 5 ft 5 in
I – Instruments You Play: I played the clarinet all throughout middle and high school but gave it up once I got to college. And I don’t miss it one bit.
J – Job Title: CPA
K – Kids: Someday 🙂
L – Live: Manhattan
M – Mom’s Name: Pat
N – Nicknames: Mouse or Mousie, Chelle
O – Overnight Hospital Stays? Luckily none!
P – Pet Peeve: Slow, slow, sloooooow walkers (a.k.a. Tourists)
Q – Quote from a Movie: I know this is kind of cheesy but I love the quote “There’s no place like home” from the Wizard of Oz. Because it’s just so true.
R – Right or Left Handed: Right
S – Siblings: A younger sister, Amanda, and a younger brother, Mike
T – Time You Wake Up: 7:10am (too early if you ask me!)
U – Underwear: I usually wear it 🙂
V – Vegetable You Dislike: Baby Corn
W – What Makes You Run Late: Usually, slow walkers (see P above)
X – X-Rays You’ve Had Done: My teeth and my left elbow. I had a slight break in my left elbow from a fall while rollerblading. I had to start high school in a cast. That wasn’t much fun.
Z – Zoo, Favorite Animal: I actually don’t like zoos because I feel bad for the animals all locked up. But if I had to pick, I’d probably say penguins. They’re adorable and always fashionable.
So, without further ado, a yummy, quick recipe! These chicken meatballs are incredibly easy to throw together. It’ll take you more time to pull out the ingredients than to actually make them. And once they’re in the oven, you’re free to take it easy as there isn’t much clean up either. Love that!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp Italian bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients until evenly mixed.
- Roll a tablespoon sized portions into balls until you have 16.
- Place meatballs into an 8×8 baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Be sure to evenly space the meatballs so that they do not touch.
- Cook meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes. If you would like to add some tomato sauce, remove the meatballs from the oven after 12 to 15 minutes and cover each with a small amount of sauce. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
I’m not very creative when it comes to side dishes. Any good ideas for what to serve with these meatballs?