These chocolate chip cookie dough truffles taste so much like cookie dough that you’ll be surprised to read the ingredient list. Trust me, that really is all you’ll need to make these.
You might also be surprised at just how simple they are to make. The dough comes together in a matter of minutes. So the real test is how patient can you be while they chill out in the fridge? Trust me, I know it’s hard to wait.
Ultimately, they are well worth the wait. Once you sink your teeth in their rich, doughy texture and the chocolate melts in your mouth, you’ll be scrambling for another. And trust me, it’s impossible to eat just one.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt and cinnamon
- 1/2 cup and 2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips, divided
*This recipe could easily be made vegan friendly by using dairy free chocolate chips.*
- Place cashews, maple syrup, nutritional yeast, vanilla, salt and cinnamon into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Blend until mixture comes together into a thick paste, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add chocolate and pulse about 10 times, until chips are chopped into smaller pieces.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once your “dough” is chilled, melt chocolate chips in the microwave on 30 second intervals or over a double boiler.
- Measure dough into one tablespoon increments and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Once all the truffles have been covered, place the sheet in the refrigerator to chill for another 30 minutes.
For any of you that don’t like nuts, go ahead and try this recipe anyway (unless you have a nut allergy; that’d just be silly). The only nut Alex (thinks) he likes is the peanut. But he gobbled these up with a grin on his face. And before I told him what they were made of, he truly believed it was cookie dough.
Have I said enough to convince you to try these? If not, leave a comment letting me know what else I could possibly say to persuade you 🙂