I’m very excited about this post! This muffin recipe is just in time for warmer weather and I’m hosting my first giveaway ever! More on that at the end of the post 🙂
But for now let’s talk muffins. Pineapple yogurt muffins, to be exact.
I’ve been dreaming up recipes lately and this one turned so well. They are light and fluffy with little bursts of sweetness for each piece of dried pineapple. They’re a great way to start the day or to have as an afternoon snack.
All the pineapple and their golden yellow hue will certainly put you in the mood for summer!
Pineapple Yogurt Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup (4 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 oz) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 pure cane sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 6oz container of Pineapple Chobani greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add oats and mix.
- In a large bowl, add applesauce, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Whisk eggs for about 30 seconds and add to the wet ingredient. Whisk all the wet ingredients until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and fold in using a spatula.
- In a small bag, add chopped dried pineapple and a tablespoon of flour. Close bag and shake so that the flour is evenly distributed over the pineapple pieces. This will prevent the pieces from sinking to the bottom of your muffins while baking.
- In a lightly oiled muffin pan, spoon batter until each cup is about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place the muffin pan on the middle rack and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rotate the pan and place it on the top rack to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Now for the giveaway!!! The folks at Chobani were nice enough to send me some coupons and I want to share some with you. You have the chance to win two coupons; one for 30 cents off one 6 oz container of Chobani and one for a free 6 oz container of Chobani.
Here are the ways to enter:
- Mandatory entry – Leave me a comment telling me what flavor Chobani you’ll buy with your coupons.
- Optional entry – Follow me on twitter @VoraciousChelle. Leave me an additional comment.
- Optional entry – Tweet about the giveaway. Please be sure to include my twitter handle! Leave me an additional comment.
You have until Tuesday April 12th to enter. I’ll announce the winner the following day. Good luck!
**The giveaway is closed and a winner has been announced.**