Today was a great day! The sun was shining, Alex and I got to sample the menu for our reception, and I got a chance to bake some really fun cookies.
The morning started off like most mornings; with a yummy yogurt parfait.
Today’s parfait included:
- 6oz of Fage Total 0% greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal
- 1/2 of a banana
- a sprinkle of granola
- a healthy spoonful of homemade peanut butter
After breakfast was devoured, Alex and I walked to our respective offices. It was gorgeous outside! Spring is most definitely here and I’m more than ready.
At work I plugged away and booked some flights for a couple upcoming trips. I’m very excited. There is just so much going on over the next few months!
Eventually, it was lunchtime!
Today’s salad included the following:
- Grilled Tuna
- dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Jelly Bean Cookies
(adapted from razzledazzle recipes)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup jelly beans
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter and both sugars in a large bowl until smooth & creamy.
- Stir in egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt & vanilla. Mix well.
- Stir in flour & oats. Mix well.
- Stir in jelly beans, mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart on a GREASED sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and allow a few minutes to cool.