Yesterday I posted about a quick weeknight meal for those days when you have little time to cook. This is another great recipe for nights when you’re short on time but it does require some planning.
Every few weeks I like to make some double batch of pizza dough on the weekend. It’s really quite simple although it does require a couple of hours of rise time. Next time I make a batch, I’ll post a step-by-step tutorial so you can see what it’s all about.
If making pizza dough from scratch isn’t really your thing, there are a lot of great pre-made doughs available. Most of them freeze really well so all you have to do is remember to defrost it and you’ll be ready to make homemade pizza in a snap!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
(makes one pizza with about 8 slices)
- One batch prepared pizza dough
- 2 to 3 boiled chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees (or follow package directions).
- Roll out pizza dough and place on a greased pizza baking sheet.
- Cover dough with BBQ sauce and place shredded chicken on top of the sauce. Gently mix to combine. I used about 1/4 cup and there was plenty of sauce but feel free to adjust the amount to your liking.
- Sprinkle cheeses on top to cover all sauce.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes before digging in!
This pizza would be even better with some carmelized onions or gorgonzola cheese. It’s such an easy recipe to customize!
Do you make pizza dough from scratch or do you buy it pre-made? If you buy it from the store, which brand do you prefer?