Yes, it’s quite a mouthful. On so many levels.
In fact, if my mouth weren’t so full of Honey Roasted Cinnamon Cashew Peanut Butter I might be able to tell you its fabulous. And that I’m addicted.
You see, ever since I made my first batch of peanut butter, I’ve been having so much fun. My mind has been full of flavor possibilities and my mouth has been full of nut butter. Do you see a trend?
Over the weekend I indulged myself with this sweet, smooth, and rich nutty creation. A not-so-thin layer spread over an English muffin and topped with bananas, was the perfect treat.
So if you need a pick-me-up on this dreary Monday, this is just the thing.
Oh who am I kidding? This is always just the thing.
Honey Roasted Cinnamon Cashew Peanut Butter
(adapted from this recipe)
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp coconut oil, optional
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- On a pan covered with parchment paper, spread out peanuts and cashews. Drizzle honey on top and mix.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes. Be careful they don’t burn!
- Once nuts are roasted, dump into the food processor and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
- Begin processing the nuts. This mixture did not butterize as readily as the peanuts alone so you may have to scrape down the sides of the processor several times.
- To help the nuts butterize, I added some coconut oil about five minutes in. You can decide if you want to add it as you don’t necessarily need it.
- Once the nuts are smooth, add the cinnamon and salt through the feeding tube. Continue to process until the desired consistency is reached.
Someone out there please confirm that I’m not the only nut butter addict.