I’m very happy it’s Friday! This weekend I’m going wedding dress shopping for the very first time. Needless to say, I’m excited! I’ve been scouring the internet for ideas. I found a lot of promising ones but I can’t wait to get into the bridal salon and actually try on a dress. I might have trouble sleeping tonight because I’m so excited, haha.
Anyway, since today is Friday, I have five great recipes to share with you. However, before I get to the good stuff I want to share something really fun. Yesterday Teri, at A Foodie Stays Fit, posted her five favorite iPhone apps. She’s got a great list so you should check out the post! My favorite from her list is ShakeItPhoto. I had a lot of fun playing around with this app today so I’m going to show you some of the pics from my ShakeItPhoto photo shoot.
Yep, I was at work.
Aren’t these new shoes great? Love. them.
Fun, right? If you have an iPhone, go download it for yourself!
Moving on… here are my five favorites for Friday, March 25, 2011:
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites (from Crepes of Wrath)
Soft pretzels are one of those foods that I love but never really crave… until I smell them! You know what I’m talking about. Picture this; you’re innocently walking through the mall (could be any old mall) when you happen to pass the food court. All of a sudden, you are overwhelmed by the rich, buttery, cinnamon-sugary scent of Auntie Anne’s. Mmmm. Yeah, I want that scent wafting through my apartment :-)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pull-apart Bread (from Annie’s Eats)
Clearly I have cinnamon sugar on the brain this week. But take one look at Annie’s bread and tell me that you don’t want to reach through the screen to peel-apart a piece for yourself!
- Double Chocolate Power Muffins (from All Day I Dream About Food)
I love that these muffins have two types of chocolate, I love that they have protein powder for staying power, and I love that they’re naturally low in sugar.
- Homemade Granola (from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
Granola is a such a great snack! I prefer to make it at home because I can control how much sugar gets added and what type of nuts or dried fruit gets mixed in. This recipe sounds like it has a ton of flavor and Christina’s pictures showcase just how crispy and crunchy it is. I can’t wait to whip up a batch!
- Zipper Ruffle Ballet Flats Tutorial (from Craftaholics Anonymous)
These shoes may not be edible but they may be something you want to feast your eyes on (har har har). But seriously, I love the zipper detail. It turns a plain flat into something incredibly cute and fashionable. And the tutorial makes it look soooo easy.
Tell me one thing you’re excited for this weekend!
This has been a busy week! It seems ever since Alex and I got engaged we’ve been go, go, go and it’s not even because of wedding planning. We haven’t started yet! This coming weekend is action packed too. My younger brother, Mike, will be running in a track meet here in the city, so my parents are coming to visit. They’ll get to see Mike run and congratulate Alex and I on our engagement.
Also, my parents and my future in-laws will be meeting for the first time! I’m very excited for everyone to meet. I’m glad Alex and I are able to introduce them now instead of right before the wedding, which could be stressful. And this gives them time to get to know each other before the big day.
Because of all this excitement in my everyday life, I haven’t had as much time in the kitchen. But that doesn’t mean I haven’t had time to read about being in the kitchen, haha. I still manage to read recipe after recipe all week. Sometimes it’s just easier to read about all the things other people are cooking and baking instead of doing it yourself, ya know? Nonetheless, once I have a chance to get back in the kitchen you can be guaranteed I’ll be making some of these recipes!
My five favorites for Friday, March 4th:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cereal (from meals & moves)
If you follow healthy living blogs, you’ve probably heard the buzz around this healthy cereal. Ashley first posted a new cracker recipe using garbanzo bean flour, which Mama Pea later adapted into a healthy version of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cereal is Janetha’s take on the healthy cereal craze and I’m pretty excited to try it out. I like that she added protein powder to the mix for extra staying power. And I’m game for pretty much anything that involves both chocolate and peanut butter!
- Avocado Hummus (from Live, Laugh, Eat)
Keeping with the garbanzo theme, the avocado hummus sounds awesome. I just bought myself a new food processor so I can’t wait to break it in with this recipe!
- Super Easy DIY Pockets (from Chow Vegan)
Janetha provide inspiration for this one as well! During the week, she posted a healthy version of hotpockets. I liked the idea a lot and it seemed easy enough, so I decided to add it to my list of “things to make”. Then, as luck would have it, I came across these super easy DIY pockets. I like the idea of making a quick dough from scratch and then stuffing it with my own mix of goodies.
- Coconut Dark Chocolate Banana Bread (from The Weather in Cascadia)
For a while I was making banana bread once a week. Lately I haven’t had the time, but next time I do, I’ll be sure to use this recipe. It looks great!
- Mac Book Pro
It’s about time I upgrade my computer! If you have a Mac Book Pro, do you like it? Do you have any recommendations for me?
What are you plans for the weekend? Do share!
Have a blog? Want to win a $100? Check out the Swanson Health Blog.
Happy Friday! How was your week? I’ve had a great one! It’s been so much fun talking about my engagement and thinking about wedding planning. I’m incredibly excited. There’s so much to do. Have you ever planned a wedding? Do you have any tips to share? Even with all the excitement, I found time to uncover some great links. Enjoy!
My five favorites for Friday, February 18th:
- Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Lemony Loaf (from The Fresh Loaf)
One of my goals for 2011 is to make more yeast bread. To me, fresh bread from scratch is one of the most satisfying things to bake. I also love the idea of cottage cheese in a yeast bread (extra protein!).
- Pretzel Bites with Cheese (from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
Um, do these need further explanation? Yum!
- Peanut Butter Crispy Bars by Baked (from Crepes of Wrath) – Love, love, LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together however, I often shy away from recipes with both because Alex doesn’t like the combo. Which means, I’d end up eating the entire recipe myself. But for these bars, I’m willing to make an exception. These look to-die-for.
- Coconut Cinnamon Popcorn (from the edible perspective) – Coconut fever. Ashley found a way to use coconut oil and coconut butter in one recipe! Must. try. this. popcorn.
- Last, but not least, I’m loving the clothing website, Stop Staring! The New York Times wrote this piece about the revival of women’s clothing from the 1940s and 50s. The article echoed my desire to wear more vintage clothing and provided inspiration to do something about it! So, I did a little shopping (advertising mission accomplished!). I decided on these two dresses.
**As a side note, in some of my posts I’ve mentioned products or companies that I like. I have not been paid for my thoughts. These are just my opinions and I’m happy to share because I think others will enjoy them too.**
What links did you enjoy this week?