Here we are on the last Friday in April. It’s hard to believe that the month is nearly over. How does that always happen? Today is a pretty special day for a number of reasons. First off, today is my brother’s birthday. Happy Birthday Mike!!! Secondly, today was the much anticipated royal wedding. Have you heard about it? I’m kidding! Something tells me everyone’s heard about it whether they want to or not! And last, but certainly not least, six months from today I’ll be the one walking down the aisle 🙂 I’m very excited! You’ve probably heard that before too.
At any rate, I thought today would be a great chance to do an all wedding post. I’ve gone through numerous wedding posts (it was rough, I tell ya) on one of my favorite sites, Style Me Pretty. For each wedding included below I selected my favorite component that I’d like to incorporate into our big day. Also included are links back to the original post so that you can bask in the wedding glory yourself!
My five favorites for Friday April 29, 2011:
Purple Bridal Bouquet
Dessert Bar (Love truly is sweet!)
Floral Centerpieces and Candles
Purple Frame (perhaps for the reception seating arrangements)
Poise, Elegance, and Grace
Did you watch the royal wedding? What’d you think?
To be honest, I’m not so much into the royal wedding as I am weddings in general so I didn’t watch it. But I did make sure to look up Kate’s dress as soon as I got the chance. Needless to say, its gorgeous.
Happy Friday! How was your week? I’ve had a great one! It’s been so much fun talking about my engagement and thinking about wedding planning. I’m incredibly excited. There’s so much to do. Have you ever planned a wedding? Do you have any tips to share? Even with all the excitement, I found time to uncover some great links. Enjoy!
My five favorites for Friday, February 18th:
- Whole Wheat Cottage Cheese Lemony Loaf (from The Fresh Loaf)
One of my goals for 2011 is to make more yeast bread. To me, fresh bread from scratch is one of the most satisfying things to bake. I also love the idea of cottage cheese in a yeast bread (extra protein!).
- Pretzel Bites with Cheese (from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen)
Um, do these need further explanation? Yum!
- Peanut Butter Crispy Bars by Baked (from Crepes of Wrath) – Love, love, LOVE peanut butter and chocolate together however, I often shy away from recipes with both because Alex doesn’t like the combo. Which means, I’d end up eating the entire recipe myself. But for these bars, I’m willing to make an exception. These look to-die-for.
- Coconut Cinnamon Popcorn (from the edible perspective) – Coconut fever. Ashley found a way to use coconut oil and coconut butter in one recipe! Must. try. this. popcorn.
- Last, but not least, I’m loving the clothing website, Stop Staring! The New York Times wrote this piece about the revival of women’s clothing from the 1940s and 50s. The article echoed my desire to wear more vintage clothing and provided inspiration to do something about it! So, I did a little shopping (advertising mission accomplished!). I decided on these two dresses.
**As a side note, in some of my posts I’ve mentioned products or companies that I like. I have not been paid for my thoughts. These are just my opinions and I’m happy to share because I think others will enjoy them too.**
What links did you enjoy this week?