Now that the warm weather is here and the official start of the season is only two days away, everyone is gearing up for summer. Summer is a time for getting together with family and friends to enjoy the beach, pool parties, or cook-outs. Often times that means heavy, unhealthy side dishes like potato salad or chips and dip.
It’s understandable as to why these foods are so popular; they’re quick and easy to prepare which allows you more time with family and friends. However there are healthy options that will help lighten your load (pun intended).
Zucchini oven chips are very easy to prepare and they’re full of flavor. Fresh out of the oven, they’re light and crisp. Even the veggie haters will love this one!
Zucchini Oven Chips
(adapted from My Recipes)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup planko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the last five ingredients in a shallow bowl. Mix well.
- Chop zucchini and dip zucchini pieces in milk. Dredge the pieces in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Coat an oven safe cooling rack with cooking spray and place it on top of a baking sheet. Lay the zucchini pieces on the cooling rack and spray with additional cooking spray.
- Cook for 30 minutes, making sure to flip the chips halfway through.
Next time you’re in need of a tasty and healthy side dish, give these a try. Make sure to have an extra zucchini on hand as your family will surely be asking for more!
What’s your favorite summertime side dish?